Green Infrastructure Investment Coalition: India Forum
With 1.26 billion people and an economy expected to grow at 8% p.a., India has become a new engine of the global economy. Much of that growth is intended to be green.
India has huge green infrastructure plans: a target of 175 GW of renewables by 2022, a ramp-up of rail transport, energy efficiency projects and development of 100 “smart cities”. These opportunities require significant capital investment.
The aim of the event is to allow investors to understand the various ways of gaining exposure to this quickly growing asset class. The Forum will cover India’s goals, policy measures being implemented, and investment opportunities becoming available. We have invited participants to present 5 year pipelines of green investment opportunities, including bonds and equity, with ticket sizes of $100 million and over.
The presentations will provide an in-depth account of the scale of investment taking place in India, current issues facing the industry and financing strategies being deployed. The Forum will be an opportunity to meet with financiers and project developers directly involved in building green infrastructure and discuss the realities of investing in India.
Click here to download the agenda. Please register your interest via the link below.
Spaces are limited. Priority will be given to asset owners, fund managers and infrastructure investors.
- India’s macroeconomic context & infrastructure goals
- Proposed investment pipelines
- Investor experience with Indian green infrastructure
- Barriers and solutions to scaling up investment
- Facilitated networking sessions
- Around 15 Indian corporates involved in financing and building green assets
- Sadiq Khan, London Mayor (tbc)
- Alok Sharma, MP, UK Government Infrastructure Envoy
- Rathin Roy, Director, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy
- The Rt Hon Sir Roger Gifford, Former Lord Mayor of London, UK Head of SEB, Head of City of London's Climate Finance Initiative,
- David Rasquinha, Dy Managing Director, India Ex-Im Bank,
- India High Commission (tbc)
- Nick Robins, UNEP Inquiry, Co-Director
- Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds
The PRI is proud to be an organising partner of the Green Infrastructure Investment Coalition.